Amos N. Guiora
University of Utah
500 pages. Paperback. ISBN: 978-0-7355-6800-6. With Teacher’s Manual.
About the Book
Author Amos N. Guiora compares the four aspects of counterterrorism-law, policy, intelligence gathering, and operational decisions-from the perspectives of five different countries: the United States, Spain, Russia, Israel, and India. With engaging writing and an interdisciplinary approach, Guiora illuminates a wide variety of timely issues, including interrogation, judicial review, international law, and the proper forum for trying terrorists.
A perfect complement to the study of international law, constitutional law, criminal law, national security law, and counterterrorism, Global Perspectives on Counterterrorism is ideal for anyone seeking insight and a broader perspective on a subject at once national and personal, offering:
- Expertise that draws on first-hand knowledge of law, policy, military operations, and intelligence gathering
- An interdisciplinary approach that examines law, policy, intelligence gathering, and operational decisions in the context of counterterrorism
- Extensive comparative analysis of the counterterrorism efforts of five different nations
- A rich selection of materials that includes case law, policy documents, and case studies
- Highly engaging text supported by simulation exercises and suggested topics for discussion
- Timely coverage of a range of issues from the ethical boundaries of interrogation to judicial review, international law, and the proper forum for trying terrorists
View this online at Aspen Publishers Legal Education.
Cross posted from the National Security Advisors Blog.